- We aim to provide a, safe, secure environment for children to learn and develop in a play situation.
- We aim to provide an environment that staff, children and visitors feel welcomed and valued.
- We aim to employ innovative staff, who are committed to a higher standard of care for young children and who will continue to develop professionally.
- We aim to promote positive relationships with parents and carers by offering an open door policy and to work with parents and carers to encourage the emotional, social, physical, creative and intellectual development of children as individuals, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- We aim to ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that provides young children with the best possible learning opportunities and experiences.
- We aim to encourage all children to develop positive attitudes to self and others and activities and relationships will help to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Through community awareness, nature and science we aim to expand each child’s knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live.
Rainbow Bright Childcare is managed by the owner who holds an NC, HNC and SVQ Level 4 in Child Care and Education. The owner has been qualified as a Nursery Practitioner since 2001 and has a wealth of knowledge and experience of Child Care and Child Development.
All our Nursery Practitioners hold either an SVQ level 3 or HNC in Child Care and Education and are registered with SSSC. At the moment we only have one part time Nursery Trainee who isl working towards level 3 in Child Care and Education. All our staff have Enhanced Disclosure Scotland Checks or are members of thePVG Scheme.
Other members of our team are part time Early Years Practitioners who work from 11am to 3pm to cover staff lunches and breaks. We also emply an extra member of staff to cover staff holidays. This allows us to maintain the ratios set out by Care Comission. We also employ a full time cook and nursery cleaner.
Staff participate in regular additional training sessions which are provided by Dundee Early Years Team (DCC) or Rainbow Bright Child Care In House training. This allows staff to maintain an up to date knowledge of current child care practices which is then put into practice within the nursery. This also enhances staff members own Continuous Professional Development.
The initial visit to the nursery provides parents with an opportunity to view the facilities that Rainbow Bright Child Care have to offer.
A further two visits are recommended, during the first visit parents will complete registration forms and have the opportunity to discuss their child’s individual needs with the owner/manager and their child’s key worker.
The second visit is normally when your child is left at the nursery for a period of approximately one hour. If a child requires more settling-in visits this can be arranged.
Snacks and Meals
Our qualified Cook provides nourishing, well balanced meals and snacks that are freshly prepared and cooked on a daily basis in our up to date and modern kitchen. Morning and afternoon snacks always include fresh fruit.